Latest Posts

An afternoon of Irish Charm with Gary O'Reilly

By 15:17:00 , ,

Last Saturday, 4th March, I found myself making my now fairly regularly pilgrimage to Woodstock where this time we were joined by the fantastic Gary O'Reilly as the guest choreographer for the evening. We had a great time and learnt some of Gary's latest dances as well as dancing some of his recent hits and the classic ones too.

Gary O'Reilly


As always here is the full line up of dances taught with the video footage I took on the day and a link to the script for your easy viewing pleasure.

Paddy's Choir

Gary's first teach was his dance Paddy's Choir. It's a 32 count, 4 wall beginner dance which he choreographed with Maggie Gallagher to a very irish tune (perfect for St Patrick's day) called Place in the choir by Patrick Feeney. The dance is fairly quick paced and reminds me of an Irish jig and the music itself is in the very typical Irish folk music style that us line dancers know and love. At 32 counts the dance is quite short and is quite easy to pick up, there are a few tags consisting of runs but you can hear them in the music - during the chorus when the lyrics state 'All gods creatures have a place in the choir....' you know a tag is coming and its a very straightforward one too. All in all a fun little dance which at todays date is currently 58th in the beginners chart and very likely to be in the top 10 of that chart soon I think.

To view the script on Linedancer Magazine's website please click here

I've uploaded the video now to youtube and you can view it below.



Light it up

Before I tell you anything about this dance I just wanted to let you know that this was my favourite of the five we did and I absolutely loved it. Out of all the dances we did this is the one that I'm really hoping to do again, I loved dancing it - it's a great song (one you can sing to) and a fun one you can dance and put your own stamp on. It's a 64 count, 4 wall intermediate line dance choreographed to "Light it up" by Marcus & Martinus featuring Samantha J. The music is a latino style eurobeat track perfect for the summer with steps that go really well, I particularly like the syncopated steps throughout and the flick which you can see below. I think this will be one of the dances of the summer. Unfortunately I can't find the script yet anywhere but as soon as it's available I will add the link below :-)

In the meantime here is the video for your viewing pleasure:


Nancy Mulligan

It seems you can't go anywhere now without hearing an Ed Sheeran record whether that be on the television, on the radio or on the internet, so I wasn't surprised to hear that Gary had choreographed a dance to one of the tracks on the new album. Nancy Mulligan was choreographed with Maggie Gallagher, it is a 32 count, 4 wall improver dance to Ed's song of the same name. It's a fantastic dance, I particularly love the stomp, toe heel together sequence and also the scuff hitch cross - all of which kind of remind me of Riverdance. There is one restart in the dance but it's on the first wall so you get it out of the way nice and early and you can hear it in the music too. This dance is already doing very well as the most viewed dance on Copperknob and with a current position of 26 in the Linedancer Magazine improver chart, I have a strong feeling that this dance will soon be up in the top ten.

To view the script please click here

You can view my video on Youtube below




Love Remains

Gary also taught 'Love Remains' which I understand he first taught at this year's Crystal Boot Awards but it was my first experience of seeing this dance. It's very different from the first three dances that Gary taught, it's a much slower track for one and a completely different syle of dance too. It's a 48 count, 2 wall intermediate dance to 'Love Remains' by Hillary Scott and The Scott Family. The track is a very beautiful country track which you can enjoy listening and watching as you will see below. It is one you have to think about though when you're dancing and there are a couple of tags. It is very popular at the moment though and is currently number 3 in the Linedancer Magazine intermediate charts and at joint 6th in the Linedancer top 50 charts.

To view the script click here

To watch the video I've uploaded to Youtube please see below




Love on the weekend

Our last teach was 'Love on the weekend', a 64 count, 4 wall, improver line dance to a nice country track (exact details to come soon). The dance was choreographed to a track of the same name by John Mayer. It's a lovely dance with a really nice flow to it, the dance goes really well to the music and again it was a bit different to the other dances we did that day so we really did do a mix of everything. I could also imagine seeing this dance being danced to a live band or act.

To view the script please click here

In the meantime please take a look at the video below:



You Might Also Like

0 comments