Latest Posts

A 'Surprise' Guest

By 12:06:00 , , , , , , , , ,

Do you ever feel like some people seem to follow you around?


You haven't seen them for ages and then you seem to see them everywhere?

That seems to be happening to me at the moment when a surprise guest at one of my class' (Boogie Shoes) social's turned out to be no other than Maggie G dropping in for a night at our social in Berkeley.

To be honest it was hardly a surprise, and no one seemed particularly surprised either as clues were placed on Facebook indicating a famous choreographer was coming and then the secret was leaked earlier and the day and I got a facebook message at about 3pm informing me she was coming.

It's only been a few weeks since I last saw Maggie at a workshop in Woodstock when she taught 4 new dances so I was half expecting her to teach one of those. In fact she had another dance up her sleeve! (Where does she get all of these?)

Our one teach for the evening was SAX, an intermediate 2 wall dance to the track of the same name by Fleur East - previously of X-factor fame and now the feature music on the ASDA Christmas advert.

I have to say it was a great dance which I really enjoyed doing - Maggie is also an excellent teacher so I was surprised on Tuesday when my instructor taught this as to how much of the dance I still remembered.

Maggie videoed her dance on the night and unlike last time when only my shoe featured in the Second Hand Heart video, this time you get the rest of me - although being on the end I am not in it the whole way through which is a blessing as I did not have the dance as perfectly as I would like to have done.

To view the script please click here

or watch the video below


Here is another video of my new dance Sax.The video on YouTube is muted as I'm told sound has been blocked in 244 countries!!
Posted by Maggie G Line Dance Choreographer on Sunday, 8 November 2015

Let me know what you think of it.

PS. I also got to have a quick chat with Maggie and congratulated her on her 2 Crystal Boot Award nominations for "Superheroes" (told you this would get a nomination) and"The Galway Gathering."
Maggie asked me for my votes and if you also like both dances please vote (full details available on the Crystal Boot Awards website).


You Might Also Like

0 comments