Latest Posts

Live Laugh Line dance! Episode 49

By 11:45:00 , , , , , ,

Wow I can't believe we're over half way through November already and I find myself sitting here writing this weeks blog entry with proper November weather going on outside and the threat of snow forecast for the weekend.


After last weeks disappointing episode of live laugh line dance! I am really hoping this week is much better so let's see shall we?



Episode 49


We open this week with "Ticket to the blues" by Niels Poulsen - which is currently number 4 in the Linedancer magazine charts. This excellent beginner dance has slowly been winding its way up the charts and is rightly very popular. I do find this slightly difficult to do as I did Yvonne Anderson's dance "Eruption" to the same music a few years ago and I still remember some of the steps from that dance and have to be careful that I don't go into them when I'm dancing.

The second track of the show was "Cecilia" by Willie Brown & Heather Barton - such a great dance and both have recently been nominated for a cba for this dance and very well deserved. I actually met Willie a few years ago at the Linedancer Magazine choreography competition of 2008 where we competed against each other and he is a really lovely chap so I hope to cross paths with him again soon. I'm also really enjoying his and Heathers dance "The real deal" so hope to see more of this soon.

"Your loving arms" came next by Vikki Morris and it was great to finally put a face to a name. This is a beautiful dance and has been very popular locally although unfortunately I don't know this one. My favourite of hers is "Troublemaker" a dance that I still enjoy doing now but I think I'll have to learn this one. 

We then had two offerings from Alison Biggs and Peter Metelnick "Waiting tables" and "Let's go stumblin'" - I haven't actually come across either of these but I have to admit that I really like the look of "Let's go stumblin'". The music is a nice country rock and roll style dance and the dance goes really well - a possible future hit? We'll see.

This weeks episode finished on and old favourite of mine "Closer", It is so nice to see this as we don't  really see it enough - a real classic - Can't believe it's 13 years old - Wow!. Next social I go to, I know what I'll be requesting.

Scripts:

Ticket to the blues Niels Poulsen (Beg)
Cecilia Heather Barton & Willie Brown (Imp)
Your Loving Arms Vikki Morris (Int)
Waiting Tables Alison Biggs & Peter Metelnick (Int)
Let's go stumblin' Alison Biggs & Peter Metelnick (Beg)
Closer Mary Kelly (Imp)

I just want to end here by saying that this week's episode was a return to form and I enjoyed watching it. The show has a long way to go to become really great but I think it's back on the right track.

What do you think? Please comment below.





You Might Also Like

0 comments